Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Pocket Full of Meh

I had a meal planned for last night, but thanks to my darling baby daughter and the hubs, as well as what I can only imagine to be the millions of germs brought home courtesy of the kid, I felt like crap and bowed out of my cooking duties. And tonight, I was supposed to go out with some of my fave chicks, but figured they wouldn't want my snotty, body-achey self bringing the party down, so instead I stayed home, threw on some sweats and a face mask (germs!), and made dinner.

Meh. I don't like being sick. I mean - who does, really? But I am not a fan of the mopey, moody, snot-filled peep it turns me into. (One might argue, btw - how is that really different from my every day self? That, I can not answer nor defend.)

On the bright side, my mother gets a new post to read tomorrow morning, my family gets an uber-healthy meal, and I was able to try out a bunch of new things, including... wait for it... my blender!

I am not going to post all of the ingredients in tonight's meal, btw... I don't feel like typing them in AND I don't want to run the risk of the wrath of the Clean Eating gods.

All of tonight's recipes come form the new Eat-Clean Diet Favorites - I just picked it up about a week ago. Because I need more recipes.

Crispy Chicken Bites
This recipe includes a nice mixture of oat bran, wheat germ, flaxseed and coarsely ground almonds (BLENDER ALERT!). I served this with Quinoa with Sundried Tomatoes - we've had quinoa once before, but it's been a really long time. It was pretty much just as it sounds... quinoa with onions, garlic and sundried tomatoes. Oh - I just love sundried tomatoes!

Reviews:
I loved this entire meal - so healthy, so easy, so yummy. The hubs loved it too, and we have plenty of leftovers. The kid thought the chicken bites were "awesome" but did not enjoy the quinoa.

Ranking:
Four Forks - winner all around!

Update: I wrote the first part of the post while the dinner was cooking. The pocket full of meh has a silver lining... I'm now off to join the girls for dessert - with a box full 'o Kleenex. Peer pressure, peeps.


SO healthy I can't stand it!

No comments:

Post a Comment