I kind of have this holiday down to a science. I start planning the menu about two weeks in advance, assign various guests their contributions, and do all of my shopping the Sunday before. I also have all sorts of lists - lists of menus, prep schedules, serving dishes to use, etc.
Soooo, today I was scheduled to make several things for tomorrow's main event. I am not going to write out all of the recipes because, ummm, I don't want to. If you want one, contact me. I am also not going to add my typical stellar images because I kind of forgot to take pictures. AND, these are not all clean and healthy and low fat/cal/whatever recipes, even though I still try to select better ingredients when possible. It is Thanksgiving, after all. A celebration of gluttony! Plus, I think my family would freak if I tried to force some sort of low-sodium veggie concoction down their throats instead of 'taters and stuffing.
Of course, I need to add a little bit of fun to tonight's post. Therefore, since today's big focus was dessert, here's a little ditty for you:
Yes - there is a Beatles song for every thing.
- Chocolate Truffle Pie: Betty Crocker Indulgent Desserts, Spring 2007
- Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins: Everyday Food (Martha Stewart), November 2010
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake: Duncan Hines Baking With Love, 1999
- Honey-Spiced Cranberry Sauce: Weight Watchers Magazine, Nov-Dec 2011
- Prep-Ahead Mashed Potatoes: Kraft Food & Family, Holiday 2006
Happy night before T-Day... more tomorrow.