Thursday, May 17, 2012

Rated R

For all my younger fans (!) out there, this blog post might not be the most appropriate of reads tonight.

Today at lunch, me and two of my co-workers had an extensive conversation about cups. Not the kind of cups that you drink from, mind you, but the kind of cups that - as a female - I have no experience with. Side note: We had this appealing discussion at the NEO famous Melt. Yum. Good thing I saved my run for after work today.

I digress. The cup conversation continued with a couple of follow up text messages tonight to confirm some of our sneaking cup suspicions (i.e., husband consultations). These messages happened to come in when I was making tonight's dinner... meat balls.

You know you love it. Class act all the way.


"I'm A Boy" from The Who album "Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy" Of course

Every Day is a Meatball Day!
Source: The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook by Tosca Reno

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lbs lean ground turkey
  • 1/2 c. chopped onion
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 c. oat bran or breadcrumbs (used oat bran)
  • 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
  • 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
  • 2 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 tsp seat salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • In a large bowl, place egg and oat bran. Add spices and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Using an ice cream scoop (I used a smaller scoop) make meatballs and place on a prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 mins or until golden.
Reviews:
Super easy, super fast. I liked baking the meatballs instead of pan frying them. Because I am not great at pan frying anything. While they balls were a-bakin, I prepared the pasta (whole wheat rotini), garlic bread for the boys and steamed broccoli, so everything was timed perfectly. They tasted great (except for being a little too "crusty" for the kid) and there are a bunch of leftovers.

Ranking:
Three Forks




No comments:

Post a Comment