Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What About Bob?

No no - we don't have any crazies hanging here - despite the opinion of my hubs and some of my peeps.  But, we do have kabobs!

Who doesn't like food on a stick? Ice cream on a stick? Score. Cake pops on a stick? Double score. Meat on a stick? Ummm.

Italian Beef Kabobs
Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook

Ingredients
Marinade:
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 3/4 c. dry red wine
  • 2 tbsp light Italian dressing
  • 1/4 c. low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary
  • 1 tsp vegetable oil (used canola)
Directions
  • Marinade 1.5 lbs sirloin tip (cut into 16 cubes) in a large, resealable plastic bag for about 8 hours.
  • This is the combo we used for the kabobs: steak, portobello mushrooms, red peppers, red potatoes cut in half. I would use onions next time too.
Reviews:
When I think about it in advance, I like marinating things. I really think it deepens the flavor. How foodie of me. What was kind of a hassle about this was the actual kabob-ing. It took a few too many minutes to skewer the food, so that was annoying to my impatient (and hungry) self. However, once that unpleasant task was done and we had grilled the 'bobs, it was all positive, all the way around. Kid approved. Hubs approved. Hfish approved.

Ranking:
Three Forks

No comments:

Post a Comment