First, a little bit about the party. I went with a rainbow theme because I want to make sure her special day is far removed from the hub and the bub of the holiday season, plus who doesn't love a bright and cheery rainbow in the middle of a typically drab and dreary month? (Although today was super sunny.) And of course, this little girl truly is my pot of gold at the end of a very long and kind of twisted rainbow. And no, Skittles were not involved!
Since you know I'm not particularly arty when it comes to food presentation and decoration, I ordered a lovely rainbow-themed cake and smash cake from a local store, but I did prepare the rest of the eats.
- Salsa, guac & rainbow chips (amazing flaxseed chips from Whole Foods, btw)
- Rainbow veggie/cheese tray
- Blue cheese walnut spread (Source: Kraft All-Time Favorite Holiday Recipes)
- Bacon-Tomato dip (Source: Betty Crocker Potlucks & BBQs)
- Loaded Red Potato Casserole (Source: Taste of Home Casseroles, Slow Cookers & Soups)
- Primavera Pasta Salad - used rainbow rotini, obvs (Source: Betty Crocker Summer Favorites)
- Cornbread (Source: 500 Low-Sodium Recipes by Dick Logue)
- Slow Cooker Chili + fixings (Source: Better Homes & Gardens Easy Family Food)
- Cake + ice cream (obvs)
Since I don't put photos of the fam on this page, and since I didn't take any food pics today, we'll enjoy a little music. Instead of my beloved Beatles, I will give you another selection that was part of an amazing birthday song mix for the cake grand entrance, as created by the hubs.
Thanks for the inspiration, JZT!