Tonight we had a soccer game. I decided to cook - despite the fact that we weren't going to do the family meal because of timing. I wanted the boys to have something hot to eat when they came home. Side note: I attend as many games as possible, but when certain little women hit the hay at 6:30, it makes it difficult during the week.
Southwestern Skillet Mac & Cheese
Source: Weight Watchers "Make It In Minutes" 2001
- 1 c. elbow mac
- 1 lbs ground skinless turkey
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c. chopped green pepper (skip)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes with juice (used no-salt added)
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce (used no-salt added)
- 1 (4.5oz) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. shredded cheddar (used mozzarella b/c I had it on hand)
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add turkey and cook until no longer pink. Stir in onion, pepper, chili powder and cumin. Cook for 3 mins. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chiles and water.
- Simmer, uncovered for 10 mins. Add in pasta and cheese, stirring to combine.
Per serving: 297 cals; 13g fat (5g sat); 73mg chol; sodium in original is too ridic to include; 22mg carbs; 22g protein
Fast, easy, hearty, bit of a kick. Win win win. Just like our soccer boys - they brought home a 7-0 win tonight (and the kid scored 2).