Saturday, March 10, 2012

Wham Bam

And just like that, basketball season is over. It was a great run, with the team making all the way to the Elite 8, but alas, they just couldn't push past the defending state champion with the Maryland-bound talent.

And just like that, I was able to pull together a pre-game dinner for the small army known as my family. I didn't have time to post this last night since we had an hour drive to and from the game, so instead you get the pleasure of reading a Saturday morning pre-soccer post.

Shredded Beef Master Recipe 
Source: Diabetic Slow Cooker
The whole point of this is that you can take this recipe and prepare it three different ways. I just served it with buns and swiss.

Cheesy Potato Casserole
Source: Eating Well, not sure of date
I prepped this the night before, so I could just pop it in the oven for an hour right before we were ready to eat.

Reviews:
My family is not picky and overly complimentary of my cooking, so they had nothing but rave reviews. The kid (aka Top Chef Jr) thought the shredded beef lacked flavor. I thought the potatoes (hand-diced by me, btw) could have been cooked at least 30 mins longer.

Ranking:
Two Forks


No comments:

Post a Comment